It's been birthday season. So, I baked and decorated Aunnie's cake for her party Saturday. Then, I baked another cake on Sunday for my friend's son. If I see another piece of fondant, I just might heave.
Otherwise, I've decided it's a great outlet for any artistic tendencies I might harbor. Cakes have the fabulous up-side of being edible, therefore unable to serve as a constant reminder of my fondant period, my star-tip-decorated-character-cake period, etc.
Other crafts have not provided me this blessing. Do you remember puffy paint in the late 80's? It wasn't pretty. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone who received one of my gorgeous creations. Call me. I'll bake you a cake.

Aunnie's Birthday Cake 2005

Daniel's Birthday Cake 2005
Otherwise, I've decided it's a great outlet for any artistic tendencies I might harbor. Cakes have the fabulous up-side of being edible, therefore unable to serve as a constant reminder of my fondant period, my star-tip-decorated-character-cake period, etc.
Other crafts have not provided me this blessing. Do you remember puffy paint in the late 80's? It wasn't pretty. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone who received one of my gorgeous creations. Call me. I'll bake you a cake.

Aunnie's Birthday Cake 2005


Daniel's Birthday Cake 2005
Comments
I won't show these pictures to my husband, since he is put out that I haven't made cakes for Em's or Sarah's b'days since Em was 2. I might have to begin making them again.
The cakes you made really are beautiful. How did the fondant taste?